Yeditepe University of Istanbul in Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery.
Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine
1964 – 1970 General surgery at CerrahpashaMedical Faculty
1970 – 1972 Chief registrar at the Department of General Surgery
1972 - 1974 general surgeon consultant at Elazig Military Hospital
1975 St. Andrews Center for Plastic Surgery in Billericay - Essex (B.K.). 1975 – 1977 University of Edinburgh. Plastic Surgery. and the Burns Center
1977 – 1979 Canniesburn Plastic Center in Glasgow (Scotland).
1979 - Department of Plastic Surgery, St Thomas' Hospital (London, UK).
In Plastic Surgery Centers:
Vienna, Innsbruck (Austria), Munich and Bochum, Berlin (Germany),
Nancy, O'Toole (Hand surgery center) (France)
1990 Eastern Virginia (USA), School of Medicine, Department of Plastic Surgery (one semester)
1990, Department of Plastic Surgery, Pittsburgh School of Medicine, USA (Pennsylvania)
1991 Stanford Univ. Medical School Plast. Branch USA, Universitatsklinikum, St. Markus Krankenhaus (Germany)
1995 (Thailand) Bangkok Univ. Hospital. Plast. Department
Conferences and seminars:
USA, England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Singapore Interplast Activities:
- India (7 times in different regions),
- China, Shanghai,
- Baghdad Iraq,
- Damascus Syria,
- San Pedro Sula Honduras,
- Azerbaijan, Baku (twice).
Positions: Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery.
• President: Turkish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery --- 2000 -- 2002
• YOK, University of Higher Education. Member. 2000-2003
• Representative of Turkey in the Council of European Medical Organizations, EBOPRAS and UEMS 1987 – 1996
• President: "Interplast Turkey" 1988-1990
• Representative of Turkey in the network of Black Sea universities 1998-2003
• Chairman: Istanbul University International Academic Relations 1993-2003
Membership of Scientific Societies:
• International Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
• International Society of Aesthetic Surgery
• American Society of Plastic Surgery
• American Society for Aesthetic Surgery
• British Association for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• Association for surgery of the hand
• British Burns Association
• International Interplast
• Turkish Medical Association
• Founding Member of Interplast Turkey
• Turkish Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association
• Turkish Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Association
• Reconstructive Microsurgery Association of Turkey (Founding member)
• Cypriot Turkish Plas, Rekonstr. And Est. Jar. Dern. (Founding Member)
• Plastic Surgery Foundation (chairman and founder)
• Member of Azerbaijan Surgical Society (Honorary member)
• Honorary Doctor of Romania "Ovidius University" 2000 Honorary Doctor of Azerbaijan "Medical University" 2001
Activities related to Azerbaijan:
Prof. I. Yıldırım was the first organizer in medicine for the improvement of medical education and advanced training, who signed a contract and agreement between Azerbaijan Medical University and Istanbul University.
Prof. I. Yıldırım was 10 students in 1992 and: in the last 20 years, 92 medical students, 3 dental students, 2 pharmacy students were selected to study at the Faculties of Istanbul University and scholarships and other needs for their education were provided.